Monday, October 15, 2012

Be Aware, Very Aware

Well now apparently October is Bullying Prevention Awareness Month – and here I thought it was domestic awareness month, or was it breast cancer awareness month?  We have grown to have so many “awareness” causes that we not only have to double up and share month’s now but we’ve worked our way down to giving each day an awareness!!   Did you know Oct 27th is Cranky Co-workers day – since that’s on a Saturday this year I think I’ll celebrate a day early!  Now don’t everyone go having a stroke about this but, Oct 29th is World Stroke Day!  Yes, I know having a stroke isn’t funny, it’s very serious – but do we need a day for it?  November 15th is World Philosophy Day… really?  Cause around here it’s known as Opening Day for Firearm season… To hunt or not to hunt, that is the question… I think, therefore I’m overqualified… no wait, I have more!!  Bwahahaha   Do ya see where I’m coming from here folks?  Do I need to go on?  You want to know why this week is traditionally hell week for me?  Because of all these dumb made up days… Boss’s day is Oct 16th, Sweetest Day (BLECH) is the 20th this year but sometimes those two are neck & neck with each other and what falls in between??  Of course you don’t know, that’s why this rant has taken this direction (it seriously has gone in a direction I didn’t intend)… because there’s always so much love being shown to boss’s and sweeties (sniffle sniffle) that I get left behind, forgotten and kicked to the side without even so much as a bottle o’ booze. 
That is all… Carry on people, carry on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm barely aware of my hands in front of my face. My coworker was starving today and was working so hard that she wasn't aware of the box of cheeze-it's that I had placed in front of her. Her hands were literally wrapped around the box to get to the keyboard, complaining the whole time about how hungry she was. And she saw me put them there.

    I cannot be aware of this many things.

    Were you aware that we go off of Daylight Savings Time in 3 weeks?

    ReplyDelete