Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday Thoughts...

... from the shitter...

Whilst sitting on the throne this afternoon my thoughts drifted to the health properties of coconut oil and then for some reason I felt the need to remind myself that I was thinking about coconut oil and not olive oil.  Olive Oil… that’s all it took for the ADD to kick in and my brain was off on an olive oil tangent. 

There are literally dozens of varieties of olives… black olives, green olives, Italian olives, greek olives, French olives, Turkish olives, Spanish olives, sigh… the list goes on and on.  So which olive is used for making olive oil and why are there so many different kinds?  Pure olive, virgin olive, extra virgin olive… seriously?  How does anything become an extra virgin?  And can I get on that bus? 

Thankfully someone came in the bathroom and rattled my brain free from the grip olive oil had on it… stay tuned for more random musings.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to like olives. I've tried really hard. I want to enjoy the olive bar with all of the varieties.

    But, I gag.

    ReplyDelete