Sunday, March 29, 2015

Waiting on Him

I woke up and looked at the clock... 5:00pm!!  Wow!  My head was pounding just thinking of the day I just wasted, so many things I'd wanted to accomplish... and didn't.  As I laid there thinking about everything, more specifically, my life... I started crying and was upset how everything was so out of control.  So many things that needed to be done, so many things that needed to happen, and there isn't a thing I can do to make those changes happen, NOW!  Why?  Why God?  Why can't I get this to work?  All my life I've always been able to make things happen, pull the impossible out of my rear... and now, when it was me that needed it most - nothing.  My "powers" had vanished.  Or had they?

It was then He showed me Lamentations 3:24-26... I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."  The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Instead of trying to figure things out myself I need to trust Him with every fiber of my being.  It's the way He designed us, to stay conscious of Him as we go about our daily tasks.  He has promised many blessings to those who wait on Him... renewed strength, increased hope, and the awareness that He is always present.


I am again reminded on this beautiful day, to wait on Him.  Don't be so impatient, slow down, pay attention... waiting on Him means directing my life and my attention toward Him in hopeful anticipation of what He'll do next.


But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~Isaiah 40:31





No comments:

Post a Comment