Monday, June 4, 2012

Gettin' Crafty

Every once in a while I like to get crafty... nothing extravagant or consuming great amounts of time, just a crafty craft here & there.  I'm not good at designing spaces or being visibly organized but I do like making things and being different when I can.

Everyone at work pretty much has the same standard pencil holders, there's a few out of the norms but for the most part - we all went to Staples.  Well I want to be better organized at work... not because it will help me, but because it will look all nice & neat & perty.  When you're desk is a mess & scattered it gives the impression that you too are scattered - no so much in my case, in fact it's just the opposite.  If everything is neat, tidy and "in its place" I'm lost... I don't know where anything is.  If it's a scattered mess, I can take you right to what you're looking for... and that applies to all area's of my life.

So long story short... I got crafty.  To start off with,  I wanted bright & colorful pencil holders but didn't want to spend all day making them or my whole paycheck buying supplies to do the project.  So I cleaned up a couple jars I had laying around the house, bought a couple $.97 bottles of acrylic art paint and voila!

Cleaned up banana pepper jar...
 Squirt some paint in the jar and a dribble of water, slosh it around to cover inside... be sure to put the lid on before shaking.
 Tip it over to let all excess paint to come out.
and here you have it... the finished product proudly displaying my pens at work.  Pretty don't you think?  
  I plan on making more brightful holders.  Everyone needs at least one of them and they're usually out themselves.  They were fun, simple and cute - how could i pass this one up?  I'll be making more of these in the future... won't the be delightful all colored up and fixing one another.

**NOTE - I just realized this whole last paragraph makes absolutely NO sense.  Why?  Because I was literally falling asleep as I typed it and you all know how thoughts can run and jumble when you're falling asleep... oopsie.

4 comments:

  1. Those are AWESOME! And I like your choice of jars as well. I will definitely have to do this. Please go into further detail on the paint. I have tubes of paint lying around; do you think those will work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the paint... if it's an oil base, probably not cause you gotta mix a little water in it so it will swish around. All the paint I had from my ceramic days were all dried out and useless so I just bought a couple bottles of cheap acrylic paint from Wal*Mart, I think they were all of a $ each. I kinda wanna get real crafty and try to do two colors in one... like a tye dye or something. Hmmmm....

    Oh and... THANK YOU! If you do any, be sure to share pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall find interesting jars do and some for myself. I have mostly acrylic paint, so I think it should work. I will share pictures... somewhere.

      Not sure about the tie-dye... your jumping from crafty to hippy. maybe do a little; let it dry, do a little more in a complementary color...

      Delete