Saturday, June 23, 2012

Be Happy

In my cousin Tiffany's blog yesterday she talked about what made her happy this week and ended with the question of, "What made you happy this week?"  Do you know, even with all that I'm thankful for I couldn't think of one thing that I was happy about.  All thoughts immediately when dark and blah... what the heck?  I seriously just zoomed right in on all things that went wrong, were sad or just plain aggravating throughout the week.  I physically had to make myself stop thinking of all the bad and switch to the good... This past week this is what brought spots of happiness in my life...

Being able to spend time with life long friends

Pilots that weren't drunk and got me to and from my destinations safely

Spending five days where it was ALL ABOUT ME!!!

Spending five days driving a most awesome Dodge Charger

Eating the most awesome brisket from Rudy's in Leon Springs

That Sasquatch didn't get me

The most awesome co-worker ever covered me while I was out 3 days - she really went out of her way for me!

Most importantly I'm happy that I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and a healthy family... there are many out there seriously hurting and cannot say that.  The hardest thing I've had to do in the past year... sit with a mother and grandmother and discuss the burial of their 23 year old son/grandson.

Counting my blessings...


2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! It's too easy to focus on things that go wrong; all advertising and television kind of drives us to be that way.

    And here's to barbecue at the original Rudy's. Is it still as rustic as it was originally? Just benches outside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how it was originally but it was all outside, they still had the outdoor seating and what not... it's connected to a gas station and they also had indoor seating available...

    ReplyDelete