Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ugly Toes...

I don't do "girly."  I just don't do it... it's not me, it never has been.  I'm not one of those girls that has or has to have tons of girl friends that get together every Friday night to do our nails, hair or whatever it is girly girls do.  I don't do girl trips, girls night out, spa trips etc.  I have female friends that I'm close with and talk to about most anything but we aren't the "lets get together for the evening, drink wine and giggle all night" kind of girls... and I'm happy with that.  But just because I'm not a girly girl doesn't mean I don't like to be treated special, treated like a girl and pampered once in a while... which brings me to ugly toe day.

Toes are ugly, they just are.  I don't care who they're attached to, they're ugly.  Well here we are now, diving into the summer and guess what... it's toe fest out there!  Sandals, flip flops, toe showing shoes are everywhere.  Yes I wear them too but never gave my toes a thought... years ago, and I do mean YEARS ago, a male friend of mine said that painted toenails on a woman were sexy.  Really?  Well I suppose if anything was going to make them not so ugly, polish would do it... but sexy?  So here I am after all these years and guess what... I broke down and got me some sexy toes... ok, maybe not so much sexy, but not as ugly as they once were... I have... GIRLY TOES!!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH  How'd that happen and why?

Here we have the elusive ugly toe in a "before" picture... notice on the right foot, the second toe is somewhat deformed and left crazed from a traumatic experience in the early 2000's.  On the left foot we have Mr. Pinky toe with a split nail... that's two, two nails in one.  Gross huh?

The "after" picture... ugly toes now sexified... I guess.
I'll have to admit, even though I'm not so much a girly girl, I did like having them done and they do look better than they did before... me thinks.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this. If you're going to wear toe-exposing shoes you should definitely take care of your feet and make them presentable.

    ReplyDelete